logging-general mailing list archives

From "ralph.goers @dslextreme.com" <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Log4J 2
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:24:16 GMT
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com> wrote:

> The 'Rule' interface, RuleFactory and LoggingEventFieldResolver are used
> to support expressions..simple stuff, but it works...maybe it's time to
> throw this away completely and leverage a third-party API instead?
>
> Rule, RuleFactory
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4j/companions/extras/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/rule/
>
> ExpressionFilter:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4j/companions/extras/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/filter/
>
> LoggingEventFieldResolver:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4j/companions/extras/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/spi/

Thanks. I'll take a look at these tonight. I thought I looked through
companions at some point looking for stuff to pull in. This just may not
have been obvious or I might have decided (perhaps incorrectly) that the
RegexFilter provided similar functionality.

If these do what I think it might make more sense to leverage Java 5/6's
ability to leverage scripting languages in a Filter. I've thought about
doing that anyway.

Ralph