logging-general mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4J 2
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:20:48 GMT
I meant the 'Rule' interface, which now takes a Map which can be used to
track matches (it's how I am able to highlight the actual matching text in
a partial-text match in Chainsaw).

Rule#evaluate:

/**
 * Returns true if this implementation of the rule accepts the LoggingEvent,
 * or false if not.
 *
 * <p>What True/False means can be client-specific.
 *
 * @param e LoggingEvent this instance will evaluate
 * @param matches a Map of event field keys to Sets of matching strings
(may be null) which will be
 * updated during execution of this method to include field and string
matches based on the rule
 * evaluation results
 * @return true if this Rule instance accepts the event, otherwise false.
 */
 boolean evaluate(LoggingEvent e, Map matches);

Scott