logging-general mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4J 2
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:00:34 GMT
Yeah I don't mind doing that work.   One thing that was a slightly
significant change to the LoggingEvent implementation in log4j 1.2 - I
needed to be able to track expression matches, which impacted the API a bit
(find/colorizing expressions are displayed in the gutter on the right, time
deltas show up in the gutter on the left)..that allows me to render a
'color' for an event without re-running the evaluation expression.

I think that's an implementation detail and doesn't need to be in the
interface, but that's the one place in Chainsaw where the 'core' logging
event wasn't sufficient.

Scott