logging-general mailing list archives

From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4J 2
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 18:35:13 GMT
I wouldn't mind getting rid of the implementation behind the current
expression/expressionfilter support (also used in Chainsaw).  Were there
improvements in that area?

The expression support has some limits which I don't love  - yes, you can
define regexps and use relational and logical operators and grouping, but I
would love to be able to have something like an 'around' operator that
would work off of either of events (ten events around a warning message),
and/or a time-based version (events within +- 1 minute of a warning
message).

Scott