logging-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Mandatory svnpubsub migration by Jan 2013
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 04:22:37 GMT

On Feb 23, 2012, at 7:17 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2012-02-23, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>
>> Ralph and others,
>
>> I was thinking about svnpubsub again.
>
>> Wouldn't it be possible to have this svnpubsub'ed:
>> /www/logging.apache.org/
>
>> While you deploy with site:deploy to
>> /www/logging.apache.org/log4j2
>
>> Not sure if it will make any trouble?
>
> I'm pretty sure you can have svnpubsub use different svn URLs to publish
> for web URL spaces that might overlap in theory.  http://ant.apache.org/
> is driven by http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/site/ant/production/
> while http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ is driven by
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/site/ivy/production/.  No externals
> involved AFAIR.
>
> Maybe infra would prefer new svnpubsub customers to avoid this, I don't
> know.

Greg posted a message on the infra list that got me confused. So I looked at https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/projects/svnpubsub/.
There is a configuration file there that, if I understand it correctly, maps locations in
the web site to locations in svn. Ant has 3 definitions; one for the main site, one for Ivy
and one for IvyIDE. These appear to be 3 disjoint web sites that have very little in common.
While the logging project has a much more consistent look and feel, that is actually true
of our projects as well. So perhaps we just need to request entries be made for the main site
and each of the sub projects.

Ralph