logging-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log4J 2
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 09:10:04 GMT
On 2012-02-06, Ralph Goers wrote:

> As you may be aware I have been working on Log4j 2 for about 2 years
> now.  It now consists of a fairly large body of code with fairly
> decent documentation. I feel it is ready to come out of my
> experimental branch and onto its own main branch where others will
> hopefully feel more inclined to participate.

For the benefit of the log4(X != j) communities, can you give some sort
of elevator pitch for log4j 2.0?  What is different?  Given that the
other projects around here have followed the 1.x model, it will be good
to know what you considered good or bad of the "old" approach.

Don't hesitate to send me to some sort of overview document, I admit I
haven't looked for one, yet.

Thanks

        Stefan