logging-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mandatory svnpubsub migration by Jan 2013
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 08:58:33 GMT
On 2012-02-24, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

>> Greg posted a message on the infra list that got me confused. So I looked
>> at https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/projects/svnpubsub/.
>> There is a configuration file there that, if I understand it correctly, maps
>> locations in the web site to locations in svn. Ant has 3 definitions; one
>> for the main site, one for Ivy and one for IvyIDE. These appear to be 3
>> disjoint web sites that have very little in common. While the logging
>> project has a much more consistent look and feel, that is actually true of
>> our projects as well. So perhaps we just need to request entries be made for
>> the main site and each of the sub projects.

That was what I thought as well.

> hm, looking at the config:

> /x1/www/logging.apache.org: %(ASF)s/logging/site/trunk/docs/

> Wouldn't that be enough?

> Because everything is there:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/

> The usual logging subproject commits to the subfolders of this
> repository, f.e. log4php commit to:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/log4php/

I'm not sure how the current site is generated, I tried to add myself a
while ago and didn't manage to update the site (and didn't deem it
important enough to follow up).

Would this cause trouble for the process that generates the main site -
i.e. directories (real or symlinks) in the target directory that are not
to be deleted and not re-created by the build process either?

Stefan