logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving from svn up to mvn site-deploy
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:31:57 GMT
Hello all,

over in log4php land we are pretty unhappy with the current site
situation. At the moment we generate, commit that site to svn and then
make a "svn up" in the logging directory. It was now 5 times in a row
(or even more often) that the permissions of files/folders like
subfolders or .svn are not correctly set. In one case we could not
even fix that ourselves.

I know infra would like to have static html pages in svn to restore
all pages in case of a crash. I think, we can easily generate and
upload them ourselves. In case of a crash, log4php'lers would care
themselves on restoring our homepage.

That being said, we want to remove the current procedure with svn up
as it is not working very well for us.

Instead we want to utilize mvn site-deploy for this task. Ivan has
already tested this on his people folder and all went well. I know
this task myself from Apache Commons and another non-apache lib I
develop.

Given there are no objections, we will change this whenever we have
the time, treating this mail as lazy consens.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de