logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving from svn up to mvn site-deploy
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:24:49 GMT
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2011-12-21, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>
> svnpubsub would solve that and even make the infra crew happy or at
> least happier than with a "files on people.apache.org" solution.

hm besides the code: http://bit.ly/uJs5mQ
I could not find any docs. But I heard of it... is it still preferred,
because of the ASF CMS?

> I have tried it once or twice (for RAT, I think) and it failed badly on
> me.  In the end I was left locked out of people.apache.org as I didn't
> manage to make the SSH wagon (or whatever it is called) work for me and
> had too many failed logins in a row.

hehehe yes first setup is a beast :-) But then it is smooth.

>> Given there are no objections, we will change this whenever we have
>> the time, treating this mail as lazy consens.
>
> No objection if there is proper documentation on how to do this.

At least we will overtop the svnpubsub docs ;-)
Seriously, we will make up some proper docs. Probably other logging
projects want to use that too.

Cheers
Christian

--