logging-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving from svn up to mvn site-deploy
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:41:43 GMT
On 2011-12-21, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> over in log4php land we are pretty unhappy with the current site
> situation. At the moment we generate, commit that site to svn and then
> make a "svn up" in the logging directory. It was now 5 times in a row
> (or even more often) that the permissions of files/folders like
> subfolders or .svn are not correctly set. In one case we could not
> even fix that ourselves.

svnpubsub would solve that and even make the infra crew happy or at
least happier than with a "files on people.apache.org" solution.

> That being said, we want to remove the current procedure with svn up
> as it is not working very well for us.

> Instead we want to utilize mvn site-deploy for this task. Ivan has
> already tested this on his people folder and all went well. I know
> this task myself from Apache Commons and another non-apache lib I
> develop.

I have tried it once or twice (for RAT, I think) and it failed badly on
me.  In the end I was left locked out of people.apache.org as I didn't
manage to make the SSH wagon (or whatever it is called) work for me and
had too many failed logins in a row.

> Given there are no objections, we will change this whenever we have
> the time, treating this mail as lazy consens.

No objection if there is proper documentation on how to do this.

Stefan