logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up a google analytics account
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 17:05:39 GMT
> I would like to propose setting up a google analytics account for
> monitoring access to logging.apache.org.

Good idea. Then we can check how many people actually read on outdated
components like log4j 1.3.

> This has been discussed on @legal-discuss before,

Thanks fo rdigging!

> Additionally, for better transparency, Jackrabbit devs decided to post
> monthly generated analytics reports to the dev list. However, this
> seems optional.

I think all logging committer should get accounts on request, should
be possible.

>> I have done some investigation, and it is possible to create a single
> analytics account for the logging.apache.org domain and have multiple
> profiles which would track individual sub-project sites [4]. This
> would allow monitoring of both individual sites and the whole domain.

+1

I would only ask for ip anonymization:
http://code.google.com/intl/de-DE/apis/analytics/docs/gaJS/gaJSApi_gat.html
With adding:
_gaq.push (['_gat._anonymizeIp']);

Germans are very much behind this and actually even when we do not run
servers in germany, I like the idea of more privacy for our users.

Cheers,
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de