logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Download Pages
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 05:29:23 GMT
Very likely it was easiest at the time.

The current approach with closer.cgi does not work well with Safari which ignores the site
screaming that the resource is text/html and decides that since the URL ends with .gz it must
be downloaded and not displayed. I filed that as a WebKit bug many years ago and while it
is definitely broken with regard to the standard, there it is not going to change.

I assume that whatever you come up with be an improvement. Get it working with log4net and
we can port it to the other products.