logging-general mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit mailinglists
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:00:16 GMT
> when I asked to publish the archives of the commits mailing lists it
> turned out that the various log4*-cvs lists don't really exist, mails
> actually go to the dev lists (with the exception of chainsaw which sends
> its commit mails here).

ouch. Thanks for asking there

> Before I ask infra to do the wrong thing, do you (do we) want to keep
> the commit mails on the dev lists or do we want to create real mailing
> lists for this?
>
> In the former case nothing needs to be done on the infrastructure side,
> only the config for chainsaw may need to be adapted.  Otherwise we'd
> have a bunch of new mailing lists to be created.

Good question.

As there are not really tons of commits, is it more pragmatic to have
a single commits@logging.a.o
list for all products? We can split of as a project grows again.

Drawback is of course that everybody gets all commit messages. Well
maybe, it is good actually and maybe there is a chance to fliter them
out.

At the moment I prefer commits@ to keep oversight on all these small projects

Others?

Cheers