logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1158546 - in /logging/chainsaw/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/chainsaw: LogFilePatternLayoutBuilder.java LogUI.java vfs/VFSLogFilePatternReceiver.java
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:19:01 GMT
XML is case-sensitive by design driven at least in part of the cultural variance in character
equivalences. There would be no expectation that if the documentation for a schema says "file",
that you could get away with "FILE" or some other variation.

Seems to be an expensive way to get a check of an attribute if that is what you are trying
to do in the context.  Typically it would be done like "file".Equals(appenderChild.getAttribute("name")).

{
{