logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4j site updated
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:57:25 GMT

On Jun 7, 2010, at 4:12 AM, Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> On 07/06/2010 7:32 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:
>
> > I've updated the logging.apache.org site adding news items for Ralph
> > Goers addition to the PMC, log4j 1.2.16 and log4php 2.0.0 releases,
> > dropping navigation links for log4j 1.3, log4j 2.0, charter,
> > guidelines and web site maintenance though the content is still
> > available at the old URLs.  Doesn't look like it has hit the main
> > servers at the moment, but it can be viewed at the staging location
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/index.html.
>
> Isn't removing the links to the charter and bylaws tantamount to their
> annulment?
>
> --
> Ceki

Annulling the charter, the board resolution that established the project, would dissolve the
PMC.  Christian originally raised the issue that it looked dated.

I will likely need to update the site for a new committer shortly and will add back a link
to the guidelines.

I also dropped a link to the log4j catalog.  The content was stale and anything that hints
at an implied endorsement of non-ASF products or services is problematic.