logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs.apache.org offline? users can't download incubating-log4net-1.2.10.zip
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 05:56:56 GMT

On Apr 30, 2008, at 8:48 PM, Ron Grabowski wrote:

> I know that svn.apache.org has been having some issues the past few
> days. Users are posting to the log4net list that they can't download
> the latest version of log4net from this link (its been the same link
> for a couple years):
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/log4net/1.2.10/incubating-log4net-1.2.10.zip
>
> Is that the correct place for it? log4cxx is hosted at http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/logging/

> ... How can I upload incubating-log4net-1.2.10.zip there?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

You should be able to download log4net 1.2.10 from http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/log4net/1.2.10/incubating-log4net-1.2.10.zip

.  I've updated src/site/apt/download.apt and manually tweaked the
previously generated download.html on the site SVN and updated the
live site from SVN.  Hopefully, the served pages should change shortly.

It looks like log4net 1.2.10 was at one time at http://www.apache.org/incubator/log4net/1.2.10/incubating-log4net-1.2.10.zip

  (archive.apache.org/dist mirrors www.apache.org/dist) but may have
been pulled since log4net is no longer in the incubator.  See http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

The best solution would be to release a log4net 1.2.11.  However, if
that is not possible, we could likely get 1.2.10 back into the main
distribution site and update the download page to use closer.cgi.
However, I'd want to run that by infrastructure to make sure that
restoring a deleted binary won't cause havoc on the archive site.