logging-general mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] log4cxx-0.10.0 RC8
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 03:39:01 GMT

> You may vote for releasing both RC7 and RC8.  If both votes pass,
> RC8 will be released as Apache log4cxx 0.10.0.  If only RC7 passes,
> then RC7 will be released as Apache log4cxx 0.10.0.  If neither vote
> reaches quorum, the next time I will be able to prepare a release
> candidate will be mid-April.

My review is based on RC8, I never got a chance to look at RC7.
> ------------
>

> log4cxx 0.10.0 RC8 is now available for review for release on the
> unofficial builds area.  This release candidate is strictly provided
> for consideration for release, may be withdrawn and will be removed
> from the publication location at the conclusion of the voting
> period.  RC8 is currently available at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4cxx/0.10.0/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0-rc8.tar.gz
> MD5(apache-log4cxx-0.10.0-rc8.tar.gz)=
> b30ffb8da3665178e68940ff7a61084c

matches.  unpacks cleanly (usual lone zero block warning at the end -
such is life).

> http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4cxx/0.10.0/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0-rc8.zip
> MD5(apache-log4cxx-0.10.0-rc8.zip)= 9dd7eefcb9b73a2ef25b9e7ef7eadc2a

Matches. unpacks cleanly.

> The corresponding web content can be viewed directly from the
> staging SVN:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/log4cxx/index.html

One typo/copy/paste error I found in the site, which was present in
the previous release too visible from logging.apache.org/ is in the
Mailing List area.  The -dev list for the gmain archives points to the
log4j-dev instead.

Since I'm not a C or C++ developer and limited to Hello World (been
too long in Java now) I can't comment on the quality per-se.  The dev
mailing list archives are not showing any community, non-binding votes
either way as yet, but procedurally I vote +1 subject to community
happiness with the binaries themselves.

cheers,

Paul