logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] log4cxx-0.10.0 RC8
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:51:10 GMT
src/test/cpp/logunit.cpp in RC7 (and in all previous 0.10.0 RC's) is
missing an "#include <locale.h>" that will cause a "make check" to
fail to compile with Sun Studio 11, but does not apparently affect the
other platforms.  I do not see that defect sufficient to recall RC7,
however I've prepared an RC8 with just that fix to consider as an
alternative to RC7.  Given personal time constraints, I do not have
the option of extending the voting window to allow the normal 72 hours
on RC8 and am setting the end time on the RC8 vote to coincide with
the RC7 vote, which results in a voting window of approximately 57
hours for RC8.

Unless the candidate is withdrawn, voting should be open until 08:20
GMT 2008-04-03.  All discussion should occur on log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org
.

You may vote for releasing both RC7 and RC8.  If both votes pass, RC8
will be released as Apache log4cxx 0.10.0.  If only RC7 passes, then
RC7 will be released as Apache log4cxx 0.10.0.  If neither vote
reaches quorum, the next time I will be able to prepare a release
candidate will be mid-April.

------------

log4cxx 0.10.0 RC8 is now available for review for release on the
unofficial builds area.  This release candidate is strictly provided
for consideration for release, may be withdrawn and will be removed
from the publication location at the conclusion of the voting period.
RC8 is currently available at:

http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4cxx/0.10.0/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0-rc8.tar.gz
MD5(apache-log4cxx-0.10.0-rc8.tar.gz)= b30ffb8da3665178e68940ff7a61084c

http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4cxx/0.10.0/apache-log4cxx-0.10.0-rc8.zip
MD5(apache-log4cxx-0.10.0-rc8.zip)= 9dd7eefcb9b73a2ef25b9e7ef7eadc2a

The corresponding web content can be viewed directly from the staging
SVN:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/log4cxx/index.html

The corresponding source is available at:
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4cxx/tags/v0_10_0-rc8

See the RC7 vote announcement for all other notes.