logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE][RECALL] log4cxx 0.10.0-rc2
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:55:27 GMT
Based on the feedback from the mailing lists, as release manager, I'm
recalling log4cxx-0.10.0-rc2 from consideration and expect to prepare
another release candidate in a few days.  Additional feedback on the
release candidate is still desired.

This is a quick list of items that should be resolved in the next RC:

Extra semi-colons on expansion of LOG4CXX_PTR_DEF causes compile error
on Sun Studio 8  (fixed in SVN)
Broken include directories for APR and APR-Util in Visual Studio
projects (LOGCXX-247).
XCode project file assumes Mac OS/X 10.5.
Release should include configure and supporting files produced by
autogen.sh.

I will review the new comments on LOGCXX-231.  The most recent
comments looked a new bug unrelated to the original and didn't have
enough information to diagnose.

I'd like to consider adding an DllRegisterServer and
DllUnregisterServer entry point for NTEventLogAppender to register the
message resource for the Event Log viewer.  Currently the resources
are attempted to be added on a logging request if they keys are not
present.  However, that can be a privileged operation that should be
done at install time which the user may have agreed to elevated
privileges.  Makes sense for a log4cxx.dll, but don't think it makes
sense during a static library.  Probably have static members in
NTEventLogAppender for the registration and unregistration and have
the standard entry points just delegate to those methods.