logging-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Log4PHP restart proposal
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:28:04 GMT
If the proposal is accepted, I'll help mentor the project through the incubator

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201

Telephone:      503.224.7496
Cell:           503.997.1367
Fax:            503.222.0185

sdeboy@comotivsystems.com

www.comotivsystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Thu 6/28/2007 6:56 AM
To: Logging General
Cc: Log4PHP Dev
Subject: [VOTE] Log4PHP restart proposal

Several interested developers on the log4php-dev mailing list have
been working on a proposal to restart the terminated Log4PHP
incubation with the goal of producing a PHP 5 compatible version of
Log4PHP.  Almost all of the traffic on log4php-dev in the last two
months have been related to this proposal, so review the archives for
the backstory if you are interested.

At this point, there is a draft for submission to the Incubator PMC
at http://wiki.apache.org/logging/Log4PHP/Proposal.  The Incubator
PMC is charged with vetting the proposal and deciding whether to
proceed, however I think it is desirable that there is a Logging
Services PMC vote to indicate general support for the proposed
restart and an expected willingness to accept Log4PHP as a subproject
of Logging Services if and when it graduates from the incubator.

Let me start with a +1