logging-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] graduate log4net
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:11:58 GMT
At 10:00 PM 2/13/2007, Paul Smith wrote:

>On 14/02/2007, at 7:58 AM, Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>

>>It doesn't look like that the 3 independent committer requirement
>>holds
>>true for log4net. Nevertheless, I think the project deserves to
>>graduate.
>
>I agree, but I think life in obscurity in the incubator isn't going
>to improve it's chances of growing the community.

Well, the incubator is not such an obscure place. Several other projects
have managed to develop large communities while sojourning in the
incubator. But as you say, log4net has demonstrated an ability to sustain a
regular pace of development, so there is no point in refusing graduation.

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://logback.qos.ch