logging-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] log4j 1.2.14 release
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:45:58 GMT
Hi,
+1 to the release after some medium-strength testing (running it on a
dev server in an app that uses log4j for a couple of hours) and
looking at the distros.

Two comments:

On 9/14/06, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:
<snip />
> If release of the vote passes, the archives will be renamed to remove
> the rc1 designation, digitally signed and moved to www.apache.org/
> dist.  To allow voters to vote on the exact binary images to be
> released, the archives have no internal indication that they are not
> the final 1.2.14.  This is a break from previous practice where the
> final release was not identical to the release candidate.  If the
> release candidates are accepted, the MD5 checksums for the releases
> should be identical to those listed above.

I'm fine with this process, which has been used by other ASF projects
for a while.

> The SVN tag corresponding to the release candidate is http://
> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/tags/v1_2_14.  The build
> process has been modified to eliminate the dependency on the logging-
> site module, so there is no corresponding tag on that project.

I think logging-site should be tagged anyhow, not because of a build
dependency, but to allow us and our users to recreate the log4j site
as it existed for a particular version of log4j.  I personally have
found it useful in the past.  Tags are essentially free, let's not
skimp on them.

Yoav