logging-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] log4j 1.2.14 release
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:14:13 GMT
+1

Assuming a simultaneous vote from both dev & PMC is allowed by our bylaws - I couldn't
find anything preventing it.

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201

Telephone:      503.224.7496
Cell:           503.997.1367
Fax:            503.222.0185

sdeboy@comotivsystems.com

www.comotivsystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Thu 9/14/2006 1:01 AM
To: Log4J Developers List
Cc: Logging General
Subject: [VOTE] log4j 1.2.14 release

I've prepared a release candidate for log4j 1.2.14.  To expedite the
process, I've posted the call for a vote on both the log4j-dev and
general@logging.apache.org and requesting that the log4j project and
PMC votes take place simultaneously and all discussion occur on the
log4j-dev mailing list.  All interested parties are invited to vote,
though only log4j committer votes will be binding for the log4j
project vote and PMC members on the PMC vote.   Voting will be open
until September 18th at 00:00 GMT.  Any vote by a person who is both
a PMC member and log4j committer will be assumed to apply to both
votes unless requested otherwise.  A summery of the vote will be
posted on both mailing lists.

The release candidate is currently available as either a tar.gz
or .zip archive at:

http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4j/log4j-1.2.14/logging-
log4j-1.2.14rc1.tar.gz
http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4j/log4j-1.2.14/logging-
log4j-1.2.14rc1.zip

The expected MD5 checksums for the files are:

MD5(logging-log4j-1.2.14rc1.tar.gz)= 7d8d02888b93e6f8d67b8e5f746196ae
MD5(logging-log4j-1.2.14rc1.zip)= 6c4f8da1fed407798ea0ad7984fe60db

If release of the vote passes, the archives will be renamed to remove
the rc1 designation, digitally signed and moved to www.apache.org/
dist.  To allow voters to vote on the exact binary images to be
released, the archives have no internal indication that they are not
the final 1.2.14.  This is a break from previous practice where the
final release was not identical to the release candidate.  If the
release candidates are accepted, the MD5 checksums for the releases
should be identical to those listed above.

The SVN tag corresponding to the release candidate is http://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/tags/v1_2_14.  The build
process has been modified to eliminate the dependency on the logging-
site module, so there is no corresponding tag on that project.