logging-general mailing list archives

From Stephan Strittmatter <Step...@st-strittmatter.name>
Subject JavaScript implementation of logging
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 14:34:20 GMT

   (sorry for replying on the wrong thread before :-/ )

I think the time is now worth to think about a JavaScript logging
framework hosted on Apache Logging site. What do you think? In the last
months there have came up a lot of frameworks in this direction. I
collected them partly on
http://log4js.berlios.de/links.html#otherProjects and the list is still
growing.

IMHO it is a good idea to consolidate this big set to a solid framework
on Apache.

Yes, I have also designed such a framework (when starting I found no one
else doing that 1,5 years ago) together with Seth, but I can see there a
lot other worthy frameworks which could be probably merged together on
Apache Logging.

What do you think about this?

Kind regards,

Stephan Strittmatter