logging-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: [RESULT] Release log4j-1.3a8 official
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 20:11:09 GMT
I appreciate your efforts, Mark, and I realize this is an alpha release so the expectation
of a quality release is lower.  I don't want to get in the way of getting feedback.

My view is that releases (including alpha releases) shouldn't come to the PMC for a vote until
tests pass.

Let's have a discussion about releases - do we as a PMC want to have a 'policy statement'
about tests and how they relate to releases?  If we don't want to define a set policy, that's
ok, it's just that -1s can have a negative impact (no pun intended) on the community, and
obviously if we can avoid it we'll be better off.

+1 on the release, but I'd like us to come to agreement on what our role is w/r/t releases
and tests/alpha and non-alpha releases.

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950