logging-general mailing list archives

From Mark Ferguson <mferguson.li...@gmail.com>
Subject log4j.configuration: relative path
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:41:35 GMT
Hello, I would like to link to my log4j configuration file as a
relative path. My current VM parameter is this :

-Dlog4j.configuration=../../conf/log4j.properties

When I run log4j with debugging I receive the following message:

log4j: Trying to find [../../conf/log4j.properties] using context
classloader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@133056f.
log4j: Trying to find [../../conf/log4j.properties] using
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@133056f class loader.
log4j: Trying to find [../../conf/log4j.properties] using
ClassLoader.getSystemResource().
log4j: Could not find resource: [../../conf/log4j.properties].

By poking around the source code it looks like the VM argument is
parsed as a URL and this is causing me problems, as it throws a
MalformedURLException. Is there any way to provide a relative path and
have it parsed correctly?

Thanks,

Mark