logging-general mailing list archives

From Mark Womack <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject ApacheCon 2005
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:30:25 GMT
Hi All,

I apologize for not posting before now.  I have been offline
rebuilding my home computer, and had to catch up on stuff after being
away at ApacheCon for 3 days.

ApacheCon was informative and fun and it always is!  Our Logging
Services BoF wasn't heavily attended (there were only two others
besides Curt, Ron, and myself), but it was useful nonetheless.  We met
Joakim ("just call me Joe") from Cingular where he explained how it is
being used to route terabytes of information everyday!  And he helped
get a basic Maven build file for us to start playing with.  I think
most of the BoF's that night were sparsely attended.

Log4j was also mentioned in a couple of the keynote/lunch talks.
Primarily in the context of "one of the core open source projects from
Apache".  It was nice to see.  It really brought home how much our
users really depend on the services we all develop for the projects.

-Mark