logging-general mailing list archives

From "Boris Unckel" <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject JULI leaving Apache
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:59:10 GMT
Hello,

after getting so less feedback in a period of two month, and feedback given
was negative I decided to publish JULI elsewhere.

I am not surprised or disappointed that JULI will not be an Apache Logging
(sandbox/incubator) project. I am disappointed that there was not even the
attempt to judge qualified about the project with an vote.

I still have a few questions:
I have signed an contributor agreement and a license agreement which gives
all rights on the code to Apache. How will it be treated? (My hope: As it
was never there).

The project will be published under the Apache 2.0 license.

The code basis was log4j/JCL: How do I have to treat the "Copyright
200x-200y The Apache Software Foundation " line?
Can I change it? Must I leave it? What about new files (not with derived
work)?
The easiest way for me is to leave all notices as they are. It is a boring
task to change where needed and to leave where it is derived work...

What things (apart from mentioning the license) do I have to observe?
What things are common accepted and polite in publishing modified code (i.E.
credits)?

As I understand the package name org.apache.juli has to be changed.

I am leaving with no bitterness and hope to contribute on other things with
more common interest.

Regards
Boris