logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JULI leaving Apache
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:44:08 GMT

On Nov 28, 2005, at 9:59 AM, Boris Unckel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after getting so less feedback in a period of two month, and
> feedback given
> was negative I decided to publish JULI elsewhere.
>
> I am not surprised or disappointed that JULI will not be an Apache
> Logging
> (sandbox/incubator) project. I am disappointed that there was not
> even the
> attempt to judge qualified about the project with an vote.
>
> I still have a few questions:

It is illegal for non-lawyers to give legal advise in many
jurisdictions, the best I think we can do is point you to the Apache
Software License (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0) and the
Contributor License Agreement (http://www.apache.org/licenses/
icla.txt).  I believe that all of your questions are pretty clearly
addressed there.  Sections of particular interest would be section 2
of the CLA and section 4 of the Apache Software License.