logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN Commit Email Messages
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:22:06 GMT

On Oct 12, 2005, at 1:18 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Oops, my reply this morning must have failed due to being the wrong
> email address.
>
> I screwed up the email setup, and have committed a fix just now so
> it'll use the -cvs addresses that were used before. The sandbox
> might have problems; I need to test that.
>
> In terms of -cvs vs -commits; that'd be a separate request. Though
> much of the ASF is still on the -cvs's and I suspect that getting
> those changed will be a long task for somebody next year.
>
> Hen

I've suggested that sandbox be rearranged so that it is a overall
logging services playground and not just a set of unsupported
appenders for log4j.  I haven't had a chance to fomulate a full
proposal, but basically I'd assume that there would eventually be a
structure like:

logging/
    sandbox/
         logj4/
              contribs/   (previous logging-log4j/contribs)
              sandbox/  (previous logging-sandbox)
                  trunk/
                  tags/
                  branches/
          log4cxx/
          log4net/
          log4php/
          strict-xml/   (example of non-sub product specific sandbox
project)

If we had something like that, then it might be appropriate that all
the sub-project specific sandbox commits to go to the same list as
the subproject commits.  That is any commits in logging/sandbox/log4j
would go to log4j-cvs@logging.apache.org, commits in logging/sandbox/
log4cxx would go to log4cxx-cvs@logging.apache.org, etc.  Commits
that aren't associated with an established subproject could go to
general@logging.apache.org.

If you'd like to create the log4j, log4cxx subdirs of logging/sandbox
and set up the commit messages, I could then later move the stuff
underneath them.