logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging-Log4j -> SVN
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:30:17 GMT

On Sep 12, 2005, at 5:16 AM, Nicko Cadell wrote:
> Should a log4j build depend on logging-site? After all the log4j
> specific documentation is in logging-log4j/docs.
> I know we can't change the past builds, but it might be something to
> think about.

Generation of log4j documentation depends on the template processing
tools in logging-site.  It should be possible to symlink those tools
into log4j so you do not need to check out both logging-site and
logging-log4j to build a log4j distribution.

It may be desirable to consider migrating the logging services
documentation over to Apache Forrest (http://forrest.apache.org).
The current toolset is usable, but is stale and may have dead-end
components.  I don't have any experience with Forrest other than a
chat with one of their developers at ApacheCON US 2004.