logging-general mailing list archives

From "Mark Womack" <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS -> SVN Migration Status
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 03:39:37 GMT
Isn't this strange?  If I use http:// it works.  If I use https:// if fails.
But only for the site repository; https:// with the other repositories works
just fine.

-Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicko Cadell" <nicko@neoworks.com>
To: "Logging General" <general@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 3:22 AM
Subject: RE: CVS -> SVN Migration Status

> site - I still cannot check out the site.  Is anyone else
> encountering this, or is it just me?  My cygwin svn command
> line client works fine with all of the other repositories
> except for logging-site.  I'll try a different client
> tomorrow evening.

This works fine for me in cygwin.

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/test/logging/site/ site

I have done a diff on the checkout from SVN and from CVS and they are
nearly the same. There were a couple of content changes which showed up
but that would be expected as my CVS checkout was not taken at the same
time as the SVN one, the changes all looked very sensible.

The only other change is that the line endings for the build.xml in the
root of site have changed, in my CVS checkout I see UNIX line endings
and in the SVN checkout I see DOS line endings. The content is the same.
This is probably due to the way I have my CVS client setup (not to
translate line endings). Having the file with DOS line endings on my
Windows box seems like the right thing.

I would also recommend http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ as a SVN client if
you like GUIs.

Nicko