logging-general mailing list archives

From Hans Kool <h...@kool.name>
Subject Re: Chainsaw V2
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:11:43 GMT
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the quick reply & good advise! Very nice to read such a good
and extensive explanation :-)

Stupid me! I completely overlooked the download. I assumed it was a
download for kickstarting JXTA(!) As a stupid silly foreigner I probably
misinterpreted the line, assuming it was targeted at Javaws, instead of
Chainsaw... *blush* *grin*

Btw, got a good reply from a german guy as well, he recommended creating
a  hyperlink to the  .jnpl file in the cache and starting that with
c:\windows\system32\javaws. That's how he did it (I checked it, it
works), but I guess your advise is even much more in place.

I assume I will be looking into Chainsaw a lot for the time being, so if
I have suggestions or can help improve it, I will definately let you know.

For now: maybe others finding out the existence of v2 would like to know
the info described by you in this email, so maybe a small update of the
Chainsaw page would help a lot and keep away more questions like mine.
Up to you (or any other maintainer) of course. Hope it will release
soon, it looks very useful and promising.

Thanks for everything and keep up the good work Scott,

Regards,

Hans Kool