logging-general mailing list archives

From Hans Kool <h...@kool.name>
Subject Chainsaw V2
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:52:58 GMT
Hi all,

I caught an eye on Chainsaw v2
(http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/chainsaw.html) and have three
suggestions/questions:

1. download

Nice webstart download, but it would be good to mention how to start
Chansaw 2 (manually) again later. Can't find where the jar is located...
Where is it?

2. configuration

It would be a good thing to mention if/where to modify the log4j
configuration to use Chainsaw, bot for log4j.properties and log4j.xml

3. status

Little info is given about the Chainsaw status. I noticed it is not
(yet) in log4j. Current log4j contains the old version. When is it
expected? What is the status?

I hope these suggestions will be followed up soon and.. I hope to find
out about the answers as well, because I can't wait to start using this
fancy looking tool! :-)
If anyone can answer me about these problems: please ;-)

Keep up the good work,

Hans Kool