logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN Migration?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 04:20:14 GMT

On Jul 13, 2005, at 11:53 AM, Mark Womack wrote:

> The PMC had decided that all of the LS subprojects would be
> converted to
> Subversion for source control by July of this year.  So far, no
> projects
> have done the conversion.  Ceki started the log4j conversion, but
> it was
> stopped before it could be affected, and no one has volunteered to
> complete
> the task.
>
> Are any of the other subprojects looking into the conversion?
> Anyone want
> to be the sacrificial guinea pig?  :-)
>
> -Mark

I think it may be better to do all the sub-projects at one fell
swoop.  I don't think that having a "test" project would buy us much
in reducing the overall disruption.   Infrastructure should have
gotten pretty good at this by now.  I'd suggest that just after
1.2.12 is released, we switch all the sub-projects over to Subversion.