logging-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: SVN Migration?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:01:35 GMT
On Thursday 21 July 2005 02:38, Mark Womack wrote:
> Here is a link I dug up.  I guess we should check with infrastructure to
> see how up to date it is.
>
> http://apache.org/dev/cvs2svn.html

It is very up to date.

For the Logging Service project to make the minimum impact on Infra@ at the
moment, I would recommend that a "flat" conversion of each of the CVS repos
are made, and then move stuff around after the fact.

You will get a repo at /repos/asf/logging as the root node, so suggest that
each of the CVS repos is placed under there with the current names, and with
the ttb (trunk/tags/branches) under each of those.

A simple request that the "logging-" prefix is dropped is no big deal, and
accommodated without any reflections.

That will sure be appreciated. There exist other easy-to-convert scenarios,
but I don't know which those guys like the best. (other than above).

I also see that they now recommend that the dry-run into /repos/test happens
in one shot with the real thing. (This wasn't the case a year ago.)

Please note the big warning about binary files. This needs to be attended to
asap, but should already have shown its ugly face.

Cheers
Niclas