logging-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: SVN Migration?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 06:29:09 GMT
On Wednesday 20 July 2005 12:20, Curt Arnold wrote:

> I think it may be better to do all the sub-projects at one fell
> swoop.  I don't think that having a "test" project would buy us much
> in reducing the overall disruption.   Infrastructure should have
> gotten pretty good at this by now.  I'd suggest that just after
> 1.2.12 is released, we switch all the sub-projects over to Subversion.

Infra disruptions for cvs2svn is nowadays measured in "minutes", and the
effective downtime is for the project to ensure that everyone has their
"stuff in" and then for them to change their tools and get the "stuff out".

Infra will first make a trial conversion, which is handed over to the project
to check if everything looks ok and measure the conversion time. Once that is
cleared, schedule a window for it to happen with one of the 'convertors'.

Done. It is a fairly pain-free experience, at least for the people who use
command-line tools.

Cheers
Niclas