logging-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From mwom...@apache.org
Subject cvs commit: logging-site/docs/BoardReports board-report-2005-05.txt
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 01:03:05 GMT
mwomack     2005/06/20 18:03:05

  Modified:    docs/BoardReports board-report-2005-05.txt
  Log:
  Updated with pmc, log4cxx, and log4j reports.
  
  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.2       +87 -35    logging-site/docs/BoardReports/board-report-2005-05.txt
  
  Index: board-report-2005-05.txt
  ===================================================================
  RCS file: /home/cvs/logging-site/docs/BoardReports/board-report-2005-05.txt,v
  retrieving revision 1.1
  retrieving revision 1.2
  diff -u -r1.1 -r1.2
  --- board-report-2005-05.txt	19 May 2005 16:26:29 -0000	1.1
  +++ board-report-2005-05.txt	21 Jun 2005 01:03:05 -0000	1.2
  @@ -1,35 +1,87 @@
  -
  -Logging Services report 2005-05
  --------------------------------
  -
  -Projects listed in alphabetical order.
  -
  -- report for the PMC
  -
  -The Logging Services project plans to move its CVS modules to SVN
  -during the month of July.
  -
  -Election for PMC chair are expected to be held during March.
  -
  -- report for log4cxx
  -
  -TODO
  -
  -- report for log4j
  -
  -TODO
  -
  -- report for log4net
  -
  -Log4net is currently incubating. The incubator approved the release of
  -log4net 1.2.9 beta which is the first release of log4net under Apache.
  -The upcoming release goals are to ensure consistent code quality and
  -improve the available end user documentation.
  -
  -The project's ongoing goal is to increase the number of active 
  -committers and to graduate from incubation.
  -
  -
  -- report for log4php
  -
  -TODO
  +
  +Logging Services report 2005-05
  +-------------------------------
  +
  +Projects listed in alphabetical order.
  +
  +PMC Report
  +----------
  +
  +* Ceki Gülcü decided to step down as Chair of the Logging Services PMC and
  +Mark Womack was nominated and recommended to the ASF Board as the
  +replacement.  The ASF Board appointed Mark through resolution at the May
  +board meeting.
  +
  +* Issues with the log4cxx project were raised by Ceki Gülcü to the ASF 
  +board and LS PMC as part of his chair handoff.  At issue was the
  +perceived problem that log4cxx currently has three committers, only two of
  +which are currently active (the third of which is currently on a leave of
  +absence).  This issue was orignally raised when the log4cxx project was
  +graduated from incubation, but it was felt that the situation was healthy
  +enough and new committers would be added to the log4cxx project in the near
  +future.  However, no new committers have been added to date.  The Logging
  +Services PMC is still monitoring the situation.  There are several
  +contributors to the log4cxx project that are showing some real potential to
  +becoming full committers, given some more time.  The PMC will continue to
  +update the board and incubator as to the progress.
  +
  +* Discussions around interoperability between the various Logging Services
  +subprojects implementations have been started.  Many people within the
  +Logging Services project see  this as an important aspect of providing unified
  +logging support across different development languages.  What exactly it means
  +and how the subprojects can conform to it needs to be determined, but the LS
  +project is in a unique position to forge a solution in this area.
  +
  +
  +log4cxx Report
  +--------------
  +
  +* A release is still long overdue, however most major issues have been
  +resolved and remaining tasks primarily involve restoring functionality 
  +that had been disabled during recent pervasive changes.  Jira issue
  +LOGCXX-62 is tracking the progress toward an 0.9.8 release.
  +
  +* Two developers were submitted to the PMC for committer access at the PMC
  +Chairman's request.  The PMC consensus was that the candidates needed a
  +longer history before committer access was granted.
  +
  +
  +log4j Report
  +------------
  +
  +* In April, the log4j committers voted to recall version 1.2.10 of log4j.
  +The primary concern being that it was not released under the bylaws of the
  +Logging Services project in regards to releases by subprojects.
  +
  +* The log4j committers have agreed upon a release overview and timeline
  +for future releases. Versions 1.2.11 and 1.2.12 are going to have important
  +bug fixes and (hopefully) the long awaited addition of the TRACE level.
  +Work on 1.3 will progress with the finalization, consolidation, and testing of
  +features.  Timeframe for the 1.3 release is targeted for October of this
  +year.
  +
  +* The current log4j cvs includes code from a related outside project, slf4j
  +(Simple Logging Facade For Java).  The basis of this code is originally from
  +the log4j project (the UGLI api set), but was moved outside to have it under
  +a different, compatible license (X11/MIT type license).  There is planned
  +support for slf4j for the v1.3 release and discussions about official
  +support in the v1.2 branch.  The slf4j project is currently providing a fork of
  +the log4j 1.2 version, called nlog4j, that provides an slf4j implementation.
  +
  +
  +log4net Report
  +--------------
  +
  +* Log4net is currently incubating. The incubator approved the release of
  +log4net 1.2.9 beta which is the first release of log4net under Apache.
  +The upcoming release goals are to ensure consistent code quality and
  +improve the available end user documentation.
  +
  +* The project's ongoing goal is to increase the number of active 
  +committers and to graduate from incubation.
  +
  +
  +log4php Report
  +--------------
  +
  +[No report submitted by committers, LS PMC following up as to project status]
  
  
  

Mime
View raw message