logging-general mailing list archives

From "Harry Hartley" <hhart...@pobox.com>
Subject RE: Is Log4J Dead on the Java Platform?
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 20:37:37 GMT
This may be another documentation issue, or a lack of understanding on my
part, but from my reading the SocketAppender does not support layouts. From
the javadoc for socketappender. " SocketAppenders do not use a layout."

So if I want to send the same log events to a file and to chainsaw in an XML
format using XMLLayout, how does one do this? Again my understanding is that
SocketAppenders do not support layouts.

What am I missing?

Harry