logging-general mailing list archives

From "Mark Womack" <mwom...@apache.org>
Subject [INFO] Change in LS PMC Chair
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 16:45:27 GMT
For your information, Ceki recently decided to resign as the Logging
Services Project Management Committee (PMC) chair.  The PMC voted to
recommend Mark Womack as the new PMC Chair, and has submitted a resolution
(below) to the ASF board for approval.  The ASF board will be meeting later
this week to review.

Ceki is still a member of the LS PMC and an active committer on the log4j
project.  I would like to personally thank Ceki for his work as PMC chair.
He was the driving force behind getting the Logging Services project up and
running, and we have great subprojects and people working for the project as
a result.  Thank you, Ceki!  I hope I can continue this drive as we continue
to implement logging services for various environments and have strong
interoperability between them.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

-Mark

Change of Logging Services PMC Chair

As Ceki Gülcü resigned from the Logging Services PMC Chair,
the Logging Services PMC has voted to propose Mark Womack as
the new Logging Services PMC Chair.  We offer the following
resolution for board approval:

WHEREAS, the membership of the Apache Logging Services
Project Management Committee (PMC) have recommended Mark
Womack to serve as chairman of the Apache Logging Services
PMC; and

WHEREAS, the previously appointed chairman of the Apache
Logging Services PMC, Ceki Gülcü, has resigned his position
as Vice President, Apache Logging Services, in favor of Mark
Womack's appointment to that position.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Mark Womack be and
hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache
Logging Services, to serve in accordance with and subject to
the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed.