logging-general mailing list archives

From "Nicko Cadell" <ni...@neoworks.com>
Subject [VOTE] log4net 1.2.9 beta release
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:46:48 GMT
Hi PMC,

It has been rather a long time since the last beta release of log4net,
and an even long time since the last full release. It is time to focus
on finalising the 1.2 release and particularly that means focusing on
quality.

As I first step I think that we should produce an up to date snapshot
release from the current CVS head. The CVS code and documentation are in
good shape at the moment. Note that, while it will be the first log4net
release under Apache, this is not a final release, but rather a beta
snapshot.

The log4net committers have endorsed this release as can be seen from
discussions on the log4net-dev list [0], however as per our bylaws [1],
this PMC must still vote on the matter.

Please note that log4net is still incubating and we will need to seek
the approval of the incubator assuming that this PMC approves of the
release.
If you require a preview of the release package let me know and I can
arrange it.

 [X] Yes, I approve releasing log4net version 1.2.9 beta
 [ ] No, I oppose releasing log4net version 1.2.9 beta, because...
 [ ] Abstain

Links
[1] http://logging.apache.org/site/bylaws.html (actions section, product
release)