logging-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Subversion Conversion
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:25:19 GMT
At 06:30 AM 2/24/2005, Paul Smith wrote:
>Does anyone know the driving reason behind the, err, eventual mandatory
>conversion to SVN?  I know CVS has some limitations, but....  Is it just
>easier on Infrastructure?  Security? Performance?  The reasons on the SVN
>main page don't seem that compelling to me.

No compelling reasons, I agree. However, as more and more projects move to
SVN, infrastructure@ seems keen on pushing everyone to move to SVN in order
to drop their support for CVS, which is quite understandable from their
POV. End of this year has been floated around as a deadline. However, it's
not yet an official deadline.

I suggest we aim for the 1st of July for the move.

--
Ceki Gülcü