logging-general mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Subversion Conversion
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 05:30:01 GMT
Does anyone know the driving reason behind the, err, eventual mandatory
conversion to SVN?  I know CVS has some limitations, but....  Is it just
easier on Infrastructure?  Security? Performance?  The reasons on the
SVN main page don't seem that compelling to me.

I'm mostly worried about the IDE experience.  TortoiseSVN is a pretty
good Windows explorer style integration (except I'm on a Mac now..).  I
haven't used Subclipse (Eclipse plugin), but it does not have
Synchronization perspective/view integration which is an EXTREMELY
useful feature, almost enough to make me want to wait until that's
completed.

I don't really want to go back to the command line if I don't have to.
I'm personally happy to wait until after 1.3 is out.

cheers,

Paul