logging-general mailing list archives

From Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion Conversion
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:31:43 GMT
Hi,

> I suggest we aim for the 1st of July for the move.

That's a good idea.  The last thing we want to do is be caught by the 1/1/2006
deadline and the slew of projects who will be converting at the last minute, no
doubt creating a system performance issue on minotaur.

I won't get into the reasons: Niclas covered most of them.  Infrastructure is
really pushing for it.  My limited experience with it has been just fine, but
then again I'm a command-line person anyways ;)

The concerns you voiced about a GUI for SVN have also been raised by others on
the Tomcat team, and Tomcat also won't be converting to SVN for a while.

Yoav