logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Elections for PMC chairman
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:46:34 GMT
I did a quick read of the ASF bylaws.  The PMC chairman role is an
appointment from the board of directors, so I assume that what we are
doing is only making a recommendation to the board of directors by our
vote.

I also did not see anything that would prohibit Ceki from being
reappointed.  Did I miss something or do you not desire to continue as
chairman?

Also, it appears that the PMC chairman must be a ASF member.  Is Scott
an ASF member?  Are there any other ASF members in the Logging PMC?

Unless there is some reason that Ceki cannot or does not want to
continue, I think he should at least be considered and would nominate
Ceki Gulcu for consideration.