logging-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Elections for PMC chairman
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:21:51 GMT
At 07:46 PM 1/26/2005, Curt Arnold wrote:
>I did a quick read of the ASF bylaws.  The PMC chairman role is an
>appointment from the board of directors, so I assume that what we are
>doing is only making a recommendation to the board of directors by our vote.

That is correct.

>I also did not see anything that would prohibit Ceki from being
>reappointed.  Did I miss something or do you not desire to continue as
>chairman?

There is no clause limiting the number of terms a chairperson can serve.
However, imho change in leadership would be a good thing.

>Also, it appears that the PMC chairman must be a ASF member.  Is Scott an
>ASF member?  Are there any other ASF members in the Logging PMC?

Scott is an ASF member, so are Mark, Yoav and Paul. However, ASF membership
is *not* a formal requirement for the position.

>Unless there is some reason that Ceki cannot or does not want to continue,
>I think he should at least be considered and would nominate Ceki Gulcu for
>consideration.

Curt, thank you for the vote of confidence. Just to be clear, I have no
plans to reduce my level of involvement in LS. Since in a private
conversation Scott indicated that he'd accept the position if he were
elected, it would be rather dumb for me to nominate Scott only to run
against him. Moreover, I am confident that Scott would be an excellent
chairman.

--
Ceki Gülcü