As I understand is it curently not possible to exchange log message
between log4j and log4cxx using the SocketAppender. Also it seems
like XMLSocketAppender can do the trick. However XML is not very
efficient (performance wise) for getting data across.
I was wondering if anyone is investigation the possibility of using
ASN.1 for this purpose. Apache also has project to this aid
In short ASN.1 is sort of a binary XML. ASN compilers exists
for various languages. I think it would make a good candidate
for an efficient log message transfer between the various
languages being used.
Minto van der Sluis