logging-general mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Standardized wire protocol for SocketAppender
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:31:58 GMT
There have been discussions but little action and ASN.1 has not been
considered.  Having log4j dependent on an incubator project isn't
acceptable, so that project isn't much help.    I'd speculate  that
custom Java serialization can be used to get a log4j wire format that
is stable, efficient and could be supported by other languages with a
lot less effort than introducing ASN.1 and lack of effort has been the
primary reason that the SocketAppender's are not compatible.