logging-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject [VOTE] Log4j version 1.2.9
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:55:33 GMT

Hello PMC,

According to our  bylaws [0], our PMC has to vote  on any new product
releases. Consequently, I hereby request your formal approval of log4j
release 1.2.9.

Log4j  version  1.2.9, is  identical  to  version  1.2.8, except  that
several key  methods have been  deprecated in preparation  for version
1.3.0, the next major release  of log4j. These changes are intended to
enforce the rule  that client code should never  refer to the Category
class directly,  but use the  Logger class instead.  Similarly, client
code should  not refer to  the Priority class  but to the  Level class
instead.

See the  document entitled  "Preparing for log4j  1.3" [1] for  a more
detailed discussion.

Although the log4j committers have endorsed this release as can be seen
from discussions on the log4j-dev list [2], to be on the proper side of
things, this PMC must still vote on the matter.

<vote>
   [X] Yes, I approve releasing log4j version 1.2.9
   [ ] No, I oppose releasing log4j version 1.2.9, because...
   [ ] Abstain
</vote>

[0] http://logging.apache.org/site/bylaws.html (actions section, product
release)