logging-general mailing list archives

From "jerome moliere" <jmoli...@nerim.net>
Subject Re: Ensuring well-formedness of XML document
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:28:45 GMT

> Hello,
Hi Ceki,
> Given the open-ended nature of log4j configuration files in log4j 1.3,
> log4h configuration files do not have a DTD.
yes of course like the ANT build.xml files...

 However, assuming a
> non-validating javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser, is there a way for an
> application to make sure that an XML document is well-formed before
> attempting to parse it?
as far as I know it's impossible because SAX expects the contents from the
stream to be well-formed...
> I guess not since most SAX parsers seem to make only one pass through
> the file...
that's one of the best reason to choose SAX rather than DOM for huge
documents parsing..
JDOM could bring the feature you request but I don't know any valuable
method in the JAXP API...

> Any suggestions or pointers would be highly appreciated.
> --
> Ceki Gülcü
>   The complete log4j manual:  http://qos.ch/eclm
>   Professional log4j support: http://qos.ch/log4jSupport

Auteur cahier du programmeur Java tome 2 - Eyrolles 10/2003

View raw message